On our site we have elevation data and maps for
1088 cities from Japan including Tokyo as capital of the country.
Japan on topographic map
Japan elevation extremes
Land surface elevation extremes in Japan:
- Highest point in Japan: Mount Fuji on Honshu with 3776 meters (=12388 ft)
- Lowest point: Hachiro-gata on Honshu with -4 meters (=-13 ft)
- Elevation span: 3780 m (=12402 ft)
- Main average elevation: 438 meters (= 1437 ft)
- Average elevation of cities: 85 m (= 279 ft), and this is 311 m (1020 ft) below average city elevation worldwide..
- Area: 377,835 km² (= 145,883 sq mi)
- Population: 127,288,000
Japan has no neighboring country
This is only the list of largest 150 cities in ABC order:
If the city you are looking for is not listed, use the search box above.
Search by letter: