New Zealand elevation
On our site we have elevation data and maps for
141 cities from New Zealand including Wellington as capital of the country.
New Zealand on topographic map
New Zealand elevation extremes
Land surface elevation extremes in New Zealand:
- Highest point in New Zealand: Aoraki/Mount Cook in the South Island with 3724 meters (=12218 ft)
- Lowest point: Unnamed location near Momona, Taieri Plains, Otago with -2 meters (=-7 ft)
- Elevation span: 3726 m (=12224 ft)
- Main average elevation: 388 meters (= 1273 ft)
- Average elevation of cities: 77 m (= 253 ft), and this is 319 m (1047 ft) below average city elevation worldwide..
- Area: 268,680 km² (= 103,738 sq mi)
- Population: 4,252,277
New Zealand has no neighboring country
List of cities in ABC order:
Search by letter: